Honke Nishio Yatsuhashi (Originator Nishio Yatsuhashi) (本家西尾八ッ橋)
Although being a long-established store in business for over 300 years, it always makes new approaches for Yatsuhashi.
Establishment: Yatsuhashiya Bairin Saten (cafe) was established on the Mori no Kurotani-sando Approach to Shogoin Temple.
1824: Tamejiro YATSUHASHIYA dedicated an ema (votive tablet) with a picture of a white horse, as a token of gratitude for the fulfilment of a prayer, to Kumano-jinja Shrine.
1890: The father of the restoration of Yatsuhashi, the 12th family head Tameji, contributed to domestic and international exhibitions, and won several prizes.
1928: They had a chance to attend the Emperor's coronation and Emperor's inspection, and large amount was purchased by the Emperor. 1943: They were forced to form an industrial combination due to the outbreak of the Second World War. 1948: Honke-Yatsuhashi Nishio CO., LTD. was established after the war. They started business again.
1969: They were commended, as a long-established store in business for over 100 years, by Governor Ninagawa of Kyoto Prefecture.
1987: Yatsuhashi with gold leaf 'Ohirome' was released to celebrate the tricentennial anniversary of their establishment.
1989: They celebrated their tricentennial anniversary.
2005: 'Rice Tube Cake,' cake with rice flour was introduced.
2007: The Hachijoguchi store/Yatsuhashi chaya opened. Pon de Man,' made with rice flour was sold and demonstrated.
2008: 'tame cafe,' using the mascot character Tame-chan, opened on Character Street at First Avenue near Tokyo Station.