Arisugawa Station (有栖川駅)
It started its operation under the name 'Sagano.'
This is because the administrative town names of the area encompassing this station are Sagano-XX-cho (the platform for the inbound trains is in Sagano-arisugawa-cho and that for the outbound trains is in Sagano-kaminoki-cho). However, with 'Sagano' used, when utilized in reference to a sightseeing destination, to indicate an area including Arashiyama where places of interest--such as Tenryu-ji Temple and Daikaku-ji Temple--are located, many tourists going to visit Sagano would mistakenly get off trains at this station, and therefore the facility's name was changed to Arisugawa Station. The Arisu-gawa River is also the waterway flowing in the north-south direction west of the station.
Two platforms, each serving a track, are placed in staggered array.
It is located on the ground level; across a railroad crossing, the platform for the trains for Shijo-Omiya is placed on the Kurumazakijinja Station side and that for Arashiyama is on the Katabiranotsuji Station side.
March 25, 1910: This facility started its operation as Sagano Station of Arashiyama Electric Tramway.
April 2, 1918: The companies concerned merged, and it became a station of Kyoto Dento, an electric power company.
March 2, 1942: The tramway was transferred to Keifuku Electric Railroad Co., Ltd., and this station became a facility of that company.
August 9, 1975: Its name was changed to Arisugawa Station.