Kamikoma Station (上狛駅)
It is an above-ground station with two platforms opposite each other and double tracks and at which trains can pass each other or pass others; Platform 1 is the one nearer the station structure, and Platform 2 is the opposite one crossing a passenger overpass. As Platform 1 is originally for Kyoto bound trains and the thoroughfare, trains bound for Nara also come in on Platform 1 when they don't pass each other or pass others at this station.
It became unmanned when the Nara Line was electrified, and automated ticket vending machines are now installed; there are staff available at the window but only during certain hours of the day (from before noon till evening). Automated ticket gates of the simplified type are installed. ICOCA and J-Thru cards can be used. PiTaPa (Surutto KANSAI Association) cards can be used, subject to mutual use with ICOCA cards. Ticket gates are of the simplified type and cannot process more than one J-Thru Card.
The number of passengers boarding at this station came to approximately 460 per day in fiscal year 2006.
(Source: Kyoto Prefecture Statistical Report)
Kizugawa City Hall, Yamashiro Branch (Old Yamashiro Town Hall (Kyoto Prefecture))
Kizugawa Municipal Kamikoma Elementary School
Yamashiro-cho Post Office
Yamashiro-cho Local Collection Museum
Jonan Takaragaike Driving School
May 3, 1902: The station was inaugurated as a Nara Railway station.
February 7, 1905: The station became a Kansai Railway Company station as a result of amalgamation.
October 1, 1907: Kansai Railway Company was nationalized under the Railway Nationalization Act.
April 1, 1987: The station became a JR West station due to the split privatization of Japan National Railways.
West Japan Railway Company (JR West)