Kurumazakijinja Station (車折神社駅)
Kurumazakijinja Station, located in Saga-nakamata-cho, Ukyo Ward, Kyoto City, is a railway facility of the Arashiyama Main Line, which is operated by Keifuku Electric Railroad Co., Ltd. Prior to March 18, 2007, it was called Kurumazaki Station. Its station number is A11.
The station has a pair of separate platforms serving two tracks between them. The fences and poles of the station are painted vermilion in honor of Kurumazaki-jinja Shrine. The platform for trains bound for Arashiyama Station has one entrance situated on the side of the torii (shrine gate) of Kurumazaki-jinja Shrine, while the platform for trains bound for Shijo-Omiya Station has two entrances, one on each side of the platform.
March 25, 1910: The facility entered operation as Kurumazaki Station of the Arashiyama Electric Tramway.
April 2, 1918: The station became a facility of Kyoto Dento, an electric power company, due to the company's merger.
March 2, 1942: The station became a facility of Keifuku Electric Railroad Co., Ltd., based on the succession of the line.
March 19, 2007: It was renamed as Kurumazakijinja Station.
Kurumazaki-jinja Shrine (known as the shrine of public entertainment)
Kyoto Saga University of Arts
The Kyoto Nishi post office