Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine (京都府立医科大学)
1872: A temporary hospital was established on the grounds of Shoren-in Temple, which was located in Awataguchi at the foot of Kyoto Higashiyama. 1880: The hospital was relocated to Kajiicho, Kawaramachi-dori Street Hirokoji agaru, Kamigyo-ku. 1903: The hospital was reorganized as Kyoto Prefectural Medical School under the Medical School Ordinance. 1921: The Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine was founded under the University Ordinance. 1952: Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine was approved under the new educational system that was created in accordance with the School Education Law. 2002: The College of Medical Technology was reorganized as the School of Nursing. 2008: The management of the University was transferred to the Kyoto Prefectural Public University Corporation along with Kyoto Prefectural University.
Kawaramachi Campus (professional education program of the School of Medicine)
465 Kajiicho, Hirokoji agaru, Kawaramachi-dori Street, Kamigyo-ku Ward, Kyoto City
Hirokoji Campus (School of Nursing)
410 Nakagoryocho, Seiwain-guchi Teramachi Higashi iru, Kamigyo-ku, Kyoto City (Hirokoji-dori Kawaramachi Nishi iru, Kamigyo-ku)
Hanazono Campus (School of Medicine pre-medical program)
13 Taishogun Nishitakatsukasacho, Kita-ku, Kyoto City