Ikishiro-jinja Shrine (印岐志呂神社)
It is believed that Ikishiro-jinja Shrine was first enshrined in the Emperor Tenji era. This shrine counts among Shikinai-sha (higher-ranked shrines) listed under "Engishiki Shinmyo Cho" (Jinja shrines' list under the Engishiki [an ancient book for codes and procedures on national rites and prayers]). According to the shrine's biography, the rank of Shorokui (Senior Sixth Rank) was conferred on the deity of this shrine. This shrine was frequently damaged by wars; for instance, it became battlefields when KO no Moronao and his troops fought a battle with armed priests of Mt. Hiei in 1336, and when Nobunaga ODA attacked the Rokkaku clan. It was designated as a Gosha (a village shrine) in 1876, and then a Kensha (a prefectural shrine) in 1917.
A crest for a shrine
Three comma-shaped figures forming a circle in the clockwise direction
Rites and Festivals
Reisai (annual festival): held on May 3
Shrines in precincts
Hirosakidoboko (a kind of halberd made of bronze)